Snow Sculpture Building Contest
Elkhart Parks & Recreation is hosting the first annual Snow Sculpture Building Contest!
From January 1 to February 28, create your best snow sculpture & submit a photo for a chance to win a prize!
For more information
See our website at elkhartindiana.org/parks Call 574-295-7275
2021 SNOW SCULPTURE CONTEST INFORMATION, RULES, & GUIDELINES
Elkhart Parks and Recreation is sponsoring a contest to find the best snowman builders in the City! Build a snowman in your yard or at any City of Elkhart Park between January 1, 2021 and February 28, 2021. Take a picture of your creation and submit it to Elkhart Parks and Recreation. Individuals, families, groups, businesses, are all encouraged to participate. Winners of each category will receive a prize.
1. Contest entries are for Elkhart residents/businesses only. Entrants are to build their snowman in their yard or a park within Elkhart.
3. All entries must be appropriate for public display.
4. Teams/individuals may use accessories to add to their snowman.
5. Entrantsareencouragedtoaddtheirowncreativetouchesthatwillmaketheirsnowmanunique. Remember, it doesn’t need to be a traditional snowman. Get Creative and build an animal, a sculpture, your favorite movie character, etc., or your favorite Elkhart landmark.
6. Entries will be available for viewing/voting on our Facebook page(www.facebook.com/elkhartparks) after they are submitted. Entry with the most Facebook “likes” in each category will be the winner.
7. Bysubmittinganentry,contestantsgrantElkhartParksandRecreationpermissionandauthoritytousesaid pictures in any reasonable advertising or promotional activities.
• Photograph of the snowman with at least one of the builders in the photo for scale. Families and groups in the pictures are welcomed.
• Address to verify residency
• Register in 1 of the following Categories:
o Best Traditional Snowman
o Best Snow Creation
o Most Creative
• Email submissions to City.Parks@coei.org
o Submissions must include: Title & picture of snow sculpture, full names of sculptors, and contact information o Deadline to submit photos: Monday, March 1, 2021 by 5:00 pm.
JUDGING: Winners will be determined from all submissions after February 28, 2021. Winners will be contacted and posted on our Facebook page. There will be 1 winner in each category.