On December 4, 2023, the Common Council of the City of Elkhart approved two ordinances that changed the sewer and water rates. The new sewer rates will go into effect on July 1, 2024. The new water rates are pending approval from the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission, but they are scheduled to go into effect on January 1, 2025.
The results of this calculator are an estimate only, and the charges on your bill may vary from this estimate. The above estimate does not include the following:
- Fines, penalties, or other costs associated with violations of any City or Elkhart Ordinance
- Charges related to private fire hydrants or fire protection
- Nonrecurring charges
- Residential sewer insurance monthly premium ($2.10), deductible, or administration fee
- The monthly charge for unmetered sewer users is $62.67
- Pretreatment fees or charges
Please call Public Works at 574-293-2572 with any questions, concerns, or to discuss your bill in more detail.